The big political episode. Can you handle it! Actually it wasnt all that crazy. We went ‘lightning round’ and tore through topics in ‘town hall’ style. Here were the hot topics we covered:
- Gun Control – Matt and John are pro gun and therefore anti gun control. Mark hates guns, but realizes that the laws are pretty dumb and will never achieve anything
- Death Penalty – John and Mark are pro. Matt wasnt sure.
- Family/Child Support/Adoption – Matt started us off by saying our adoption rules cause potential couples to adopt children from other countries rather than here. Mark agreed – Parental rights are important, but we go too far. The child has rights too. John took it more as a child support therefore a govt support issue and you KNOW how he feels about that…
- Immigration – We all agreed that we should just let more people in. As for amnesty, we were all against. Let more people in but only legal immigration.
- Gay Marriage – Why does anyone care? Two people love each other and pay their taxes, their gender shouldnt matter. John says marriage can be defined as a union of a man and a woman but only by religion, not by the government.
- Foreign Policy – Why do we give money to so many other countries. We all agreed that this did not achieve much. Matt did not want military bases around the globe but Mark and John disagreed. We all felt that the recent wars in the middle east are/were unwinnable.
- Abortion – We are all against in our hearts of course. Mark felt it was murder. We all agreed however that any law forbidding abortion would cause more trouble than good. John did not feel that the government should pay for it.
- Marijuana – No brainer. It is no worse than alcohol – make it legal. So much effort goes into enforcement, so many people arrested and so much potential tax revenue wasted.
We actually agreed for almost everything. Go figure. It was a great time. Also moments and a great opening parody song.
Thanks for listening,